On 15 Jan 2008 16:23 +0100, by [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Rocco Rutte):
> Oh, escaping doesn't work as mutt treats the \ literally. So you need to
> prepend './' (like in deleting a file named '-f' in the current dir).
> That's what mutt should be abled to do more or less easily.

If nothing else, it can be done through a macro. I do something very
similar using a folder-hook to save attachments in a specific
directory by default when in a particular mailbox.

This should replicate the default behavior but prepend ./ to the file
name when saving:

macro attach s "<save-entry><bol>./<eol>"

But I agree, this is something that should be done automatically when
the attachment file name begins with a character that has a special
meaning in mutt-speak.

--
Michael Kjörling .. [EMAIL PROTECTED] .. http://michael.kjorling.se
* ..... No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings ..... *