* senator galt on Tuesday, February 05, 2008 at 12:05:57 -0700
> On Feb 4, 2008 2:31 PM, Christian Ebert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> You can try out viewhtmlmsg from my python package at
>> <http://www.blacktrash.org/hg/muttils/>.

I gather from your other answer that it works "in principle" ;)

> I installed muttils and based on the suggestions in doc/example-muttrc,
> I added this to my .muttrc
> macro index <f7> "\
> <enter-command> set my_wait_key=\$wait_key wait_key=no<enter>\
> <pipe-message>viewhtmlmsg -s<enter>\
> <enter-command> set wait_key=\$my_wait_key &my_wait_key<enter>\
> " "view HTML (safe) in browser"
     ^^^^

> But when I start my mutt, I get these errors:
> Error in /home/sengalt/.muttrc, line 257: <enter-command>: unknown command
> Error in /home/sengalt/.muttrc, line 258: <pipe-message>viewhtmlmsg:
> unknown command
> Error in /home/sengalt/.muttrc, line 259: <enter-command>: unknown command
> Error in /home/sengalt/.muttrc, line 260:  view: unknown command
                                             ^^^^
this looks like you made some mistake when pasting(?) the above
entry. Make sure there are no whitespaces after the backslashes,
check the quotation marks.

Otherwise I have no idea atm, as the exact same entry works for
me[tm].

You might want to break down the macro into simpler portions, or
try without line continuations, to check where exactly it breaks.

> Info about my mutt:
> bash$ mutt -v
> Mutt 1.5.15+20070412 (2007-04-11)

I looked in the changelog, $my_variables are supported in this
version.

ich bin eine Null eine Null is eine runde Sache
--> <http://www.blacktrash.org/hanullmann/hanullmann.html>