On Sat, Mar 08, 2008 at 01:08:35AM -0600, Kyle Wheeler wrote:
> On Saturday, March  8 at 08:48 AM, quoth Amit Finkler:
> >Kyle Wheeler wrote:
> >
> >> On Saturday, March  8 at 08:37 AM, quoth Amit Finkler:
> >>
> >> Correct. The USE_SMTP flag indicates whether mutt can speak SMTP
> >> itself. This is a relatively new feature; before mutt had the ability
> >> to speak SMTP, it could only execute a sendmail program (often
> >> /usr/bin/sendmail) to send mail. A common program to use when mutt
> >> cannot speak SMTP (i.e. the USE_SMTP flag is either off or does not
> >> exist), for those who didn’t want to install sendmail (that is: almost
> >> everybody), is msmtp.
> >>
> >> ~Kyle
> >So what's the line I should write in .muttrc to use msmtp?
>
> The documentation isn't that complicated. Check out the basics:
> http://msmtp.sourceforge.net/doc/mutt+msmtp.txt
>
> The line you're looking for is in step 4:
>
>      set sendmail="/usr/local/bin/msmtp"
>
> ~Kyle
> --
> In order to keep a true perspective of one's importance, everyone
> should have a dog that will worship him and a cat that will ignore
> him.
>                                                         -- Dereke Bruce

OK, it works. Thanks. While on the same note (or perhaps a totally
different one), I configured two accounts: my ISP's and my Gmail. When I
enter mutt through "mutt -y" I see both of them (and the third,
/var/spool/mail/amit account), but once I <Return> into one of them, I
can't manage to switch to the other one. pressing "c" doesn't seem to do
any good either, since it literally chdirs on my /home directory.

Is there a binding that does that? Did I miss it?

Thanks,

Amit.