On 19 Apr 2008 13:16 +0100, by [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Chris G):
> How do I default to the text/plain?  At present, with just "auto_view
> text/html" in my muttrc I get to see the text/html.  I want the
> auto_view to work when there's not an alternative text/plain present.

It sounds like mutt is doing exactly what you tell it to. Have you
tried telling it to prefer text/plain over text/html?

That is, something like:

auto_view text/plain text/html text

--
Michael Kjörling .. [EMAIL PROTECTED] .. http://michael.kjorling.se
* ..... No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings ..... *