On 21 May 2008 13:59 +0100, by [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Chris G):
> I frequently get E-Mail (from France in particular) which doesn't
> specify its charset.  I'm pretty sure it's assuming iso-8859-1. Is
> there any way I can tell mutt to use a particular character set when
> viewing an incoming mail 'on the fly' as it were, i.e. when I see the
> mail has \xxx sequences in it?

Have a look at <edit-type>, bound to Ctrl+E by default I believe.

You can add or change the charset specifier there - for example, if
the mail has "text/plain", you can change it to
"text/plain; charset=iso8859-1".

--
Michael Kjörling .. [EMAIL PROTECTED] .. http://michael.kjorling.se
* ..... No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings ..... *