* Russell L. Harris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [20080906 07:43]:
> Years ago, running Window$, I used an application which automated the
> process of playing chess via email.  I don't remember the details, but
> an email with a chess game file (.pgn ?) would launch an application
> similar to xboard, and the chess application would create a game file
> (.pgn ?)  for mailing.  The automation did away with almost all of the
> hassle.
>
> Is there a Linux package (or perhaps an extension to mutt) which
> facilitates playing chess via email?

http://linux.about.com/library/cmd/blcmdl6_cmail.htm seems to match
what you want to do. Comes with the xboard package according to the
page.

http://www.develia.org/documents.php?l=2&f=3&p=chessonlinux should
also give you something to read.

IIRC, when I tried to do this a couple years back, I ended up with
cmail and xboard as the docs in the package was enough to get me going
relatively easy.

> Alternatively, is there a good HOWTO on email chess?
>
> RLH

HTH,

--
Anders Karlsson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>