> I'm looking for a way to more strictly regulate the width of the columns
> in the index.  For example, in my current configuration if an email
> address shows up in my index that is too long to be displayed in the
> parameters I have set for the From field (25 characters), it overflows
> into the subject column pushing my column formatting off.  Is there a
> way to cut off names and addresses that run over?

%-25.25F

This is a printf-like string sizing specification.  See the mutt manual
or man printf for details.  It's the ".25" that makes the difference.
The first "25" makes it a minimum of 25 characters; the ".25" makes it
a maximum.  The "-" left-aligns.

--
 -D.    [EMAIL PROTECTED]    NSIT    University of Chicago