On Sat, 13 Sep 2008, Aleksandar D. Balalovski wrote:

> hello, I've been using Mutt for half a year now, everything was fine.
> Yesterday I changed some of the recipes in procmailrc and since than
> fetchmail/procmail won't put the mail in the preferred mailbox. It
> puts it in /var/spool/mail/myusername.
>
> This is my ~/.muttrc:
> http://pastebin.com/m4ff673db
>
> This is my ~/.fetchmailrc:
> http://pastebin.com/m3da88750
>
> This is my ~/.procmailrc:
> http://pastebin.com/d474e0144
>
> If I type 'mail' I get the mails but that is not what I want, I want
> to use mutt to browse messages and reply and stuff...
>
> thanks

I may be completely off track here (I am using mbox - you seem to be using
maildir)  but when this particular thing happened to me, it was the fault
of postfix. There is a maximum mailbox size setting somewhere in
/etc/postfix/main.cf. I have this

mailbox_size_limit = 102400000

I had changed it to this number from the original value (51200000). It
drove me nuts because my mailbox size went over 100mb at exactly the same
time I had upgraded (or was it changed) my distro. :(

ymmv, hth,

Sharukh.
--
Dr. Sharukh K R Pavri.          Mutter          Homoeopath, Linuxer.
                 Is there another word for synonym?