* On 2008.11.27, in <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
*       "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello
>
> how can I sync the mailbox after save a message to any folder like this:
>
> macro s "<save-message>?"
>
> the above works great, but after this save mutt should sync
> automatically. Like this:
>
> macro s "<save-message>?<sync-mailbox>"

This works for me.

macro index S '<enter-command>set my_folder=`mutt-prompt "Save to folder" \\`;
push <refresh><save-message>$my_folder\<enter\><sync-mailbox><enter>'

Be sure to enter it in only one line.  The backslashes are wacky, but so
are mutt's quoting rules.  This is no typo; it really does work on my
system.

A "mutt-prompt" script is required; see attachment.

--
 -D.    [EMAIL PROTECTED]    NSIT    University of Chicago
#!/bin/sh

# save current tty state
s=`stty -g`

# redirect default i/o, saving current stdout in fd 5
exec 5>&1
exec >/dev/tty </dev/tty

# reset tty state
stty icanon sane onlcr