On 19 Dec 2008 12:15 +0000, by c...@isbd.net (Chris G):
> For some reason mutt isn't seeing new mail arriving.  It is arriving
> OK and the flags (i.e. the 'N' against new messages) are OK but I'm
> not being notified in the status line and I'm not able to 'c' to
> mailboxes where new mail has arrived.

I have had the problem that mutt wouldn't detect new mail in mbox
spools, which can be solved by setting the noatime on the file system
in question in /etc/fstab. Or, as I did, switch to a different mail
spool format - I went with maildir but mh should work as well. The
third option is to ensure that all programs accessing the files reset
the access time if appropriate - not all software supports that.

HOWEVER, I have never had any problem with entering those mailboxes.
What is the output of 'stat' when executed with such a mailbox file as
parameter? What error message does mutt give when you attempt to
change to such a mailbox?

--
Michael Kjörling .. mich...@kjorling.se .. http://michael.kjorling.se
* ..... No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings ..... *