On 2 Jan 2009 06:50 -0500, by t...@ekn.com (Joseph):
> In looking for ways to mark or flag to do messages, is there a way to
> use x-labels without adding a patch to devel mutt?

I have thought about using a custom message editor together with the
edit-message command to add/remove flags in the X-Label header (that
one can easily be displayed in the index; I believe it is '%y'), but
haven't got around to implementing anything like that.

> Or maybe you have a better way to mark/flag follow up issues on
> emails...

Keeping a clean mailbox is an easy option. Have one mailbox, maybe
even the inbox, completely clean except for those messages that still
need to be acted upon in some manner. You can then send yourself mails
to create tasks or to-do items. If you want to keep old mails around
for reference, just put them in a different mailbox used for archival
purposes.

--
Michael Kjörling .. mich...@kjorling.se .. http://michael.kjorling.se
* ..... No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings ..... *