On 18 Jan 2009 09:14 -0500, by ptilopt...@gmail.com (Patrick Shanahan):
> get a package called mairix.  It maintains a database of various
> fields and the body of your mail and provides multi-field search
> capability.

I have mairix installed, and use it - specifically, I have 0.20-1
installed. But even looking over the documentation, I don't see how
that will help me get a list of messages like the one I want. Would
you be so kind as to provide an example that (alone or together with
mutt's filtering) will find messages according to criteria like the
ones laid out in my original post?

The differences between 0.20 and 0.21 appear to be largely minor
enhancements, and I certainly don't see anything that would enable the
kind of searches I want to do.

--
Michael Kjörling .. mich...@kjorling.se .. http://michael.kjorling.se
* ..... No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings ..... *