Hi Paul,

On 6 Feb 2009, at 02:13, Paul E Condon wrote:
I would like to append my signature to new emails (essentially those I
start by hitting 'm' in the pager or message view) but do not want a
signature  for replies (either individual, group, or list replies).

I know how to unset signature with a reply hook, but I can't figure out how to (re)set it at the right time for new messages. send-hook does not
seem to be the one I want, and remapping the 'm' key seems a little
cludgy.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

The signature text is stored in a file named .signature in your home
directory. Edit the file with your favorite text editor. Some things
about UNIX mail really don't need fixing.

Thanks for replying, but I don't think you've understood my question. I have a signature. I know how to change it. I don't want to change it though. I want to use it sometimes (for new mails) and not others (for replies).

-- Mike