On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 04:00:12PM -0600, Kyle Wheeler wrote:
> Heh, well, some people I know don't do anything. Their inbox is
> several thousand messages. For me, my inbox is used as a list of
> "things I need to take care of". Things like mailing list emails get
> automatically delivered into alternate folders, where I keep only the
> last 3 months of messages---anything older gets moved to a "deep
> storage" archive folder. I use mutt to automatically maintain that
> cutoff, via a folder-hook, like so:
>
>      folder-hook =Sent 'push "<tag-pattern>~r
> >3m<enter><tag-prefix-cond><save-message>=Archive.Sent<enter><untag-pattern>~A<enter>"'

I'm trying something similar to archive my mail

folder-hook =inbox 'push
"<tag-pattern>~(~r>3m)<enter><tag-prefix-cond><save-message>=archivos/inbox<enter><untag-pattern>~A<enter>"'

however, this doesn't catch all the messages of the threads of the
matched messages (the idea behind the addition of ~() ). I think this is
caused because I also have another folder hook to collapse automatically
all the threads

folder-hook . push "<collapse-all>"

so now I'm working around this with this new version of the hook

folder-hook =inbox 'push
"<collapse-all><tag-pattern>~(~r>3m)<enter><tag-prefix-cond><save-message>=archivos/inbox<enter><untag-pattern>~A<enter><collapse-all>"'

which uncollapses, archives, and the collapses back the mailbox

This, however, creates another problem: when there is nothing to
archive, the mailbox ends up uncollapsed.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

--
Javier Rojas

GPG Key ID: 0xA1C57061