* Carlos Pita <carlosjosep...@gmail.com> [02-28-09 08:31]:
> I configured Kyle's hook, which does a nice job, and will periodically
> enter gmail webmail and empty their Sent Mail label in a manual fashion.
> I can't see how to configure a filter at their site to drop all sent
> mail. As soon as it arrives the email seems not to be even labeled, so a
> condition like label:Sent Mail won't match. And afaik you can't schedule a
> filter to run periodically. Alternatively imapfilter or a combination of
> offlineimap+procmail could automate the job of removing unneeded sent
> copies, but I don't thinks it's worth the effort. Any enlightened ideas?
>
> Best regards
> -Carlos
>

> On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 05:01:26PM -0500, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> > * Carlos Pita <carlosjosep...@gmail.com> [01-01-70 12:34]:
> > >
> > > I don't think this is supported but I'm going to ask it anyway. I would
> > > like to see my replies intercalated in threads. I use gmail imap server,
> > > and sent emails are correctly stored under "[Gmail]/Sent Mail" (this is
> > > the default gmail imap server behavior, no extra config is required,
> > > except that I set copy=no to avoid duplicated copies). "[Gmail]/Sent
> > > Mail" is a huge non-archivable (in the gmail sense) folder, which makes
> > > things even worse when I pretend to follow the natural flow of a thread
> > > without distractions.
> > >

> > Then you will need to change the way you *send* mail.  I see on my
> > system exactly what you are wanting, but I *only* use gmail to
> > *receive* mail, not send.  I use my provider to send and include a
> > gmail "from" address.  This way you get gmail's storage and spam
> > filtering and see your own posts.
> >
> > --
> > Patrick Shanahan         Plainfield, Indiana, USA        HOG # US1244711
> > http://wahoo.no-ip.org     Photo Album:  http://wahoo.no-ip.org/gallery2
> > Registered Linux User #207535                    @ http://counter.li.org

Then you have not considered/read my post which you fully quoted,
including the sig?  Tell me if I am wasting my time!

Use your provider's smtp with a gmail return address, ie: send your
mail via your providers facility and use carlosjosep...@gmail.com as
the "From:" address.  Read/retrieve your email from gmail.com.  Your
posts will be visible.