Hi All,

After a little prodding from Kyle, i managed to get mutt to compile.

I am trying to test the sending of an email to myself but i get the
following error message:

mutt SMTP session failed: 550 5.1.8 invalid/host-not-in-DNS return
address not allowed

The mail tries to authenticate, and i think it does, but then i get the
above message.

I set my hostname to Russ-Urquharts-Computer-2.local as this is what the
hostname command returned.

my username is russurquhart1, my isp is verizon.net. and set the
incoming and outgoing mail servers according to what i have on my other
mail clients.

Should my hostname be something different?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Russ