On Tue, Apr 07, 2009 at 03:52:40PM -0500, Kyle Wheeler wrote:
> On Tuesday, April  7 at 02:47 PM, quoth zhang zhengquan:
> >> When you do not specify a simple pattern operator, mutt uses the
> >> value
> >> of $default_hook to construct the pattern. I don't know what yours is,
> >> but... the default value of $default_hook is "~f %s !~P | (~P ~C %s)",
> >> but who knows what it is on your system. It's better to be explicit:
> >>
> >>     send-hook '~t a...@abc.edu' \
> >>         "push '<edit-cc>,o...@abc.edu<enter>'"
> >I put
> >
> >send-hook '~t ccl-t...@ccl.northwestern.edu' \
> >        "push '<edit-cc>,o...@ccl.northwestern.edu<enter>'"
> >
> >send2-hook '~t ccl-t...@ccl.northwestern.edu !~C o...@ccl.northwestern.edu' \
> >        "push '<edit-cc>,o...@ccl.northwestern.edu<enter>'"
> >
> >in my muttrc and when I launch mutt I have
> >Error in /home/zhengquan/.mutt/muttrc, line 51: push
> >'<edit-cc>,o...@ccl.northwestern.edu<enter>': unknown command
> >Error in /home/zhengquan/.mutt/muttrc, line 54: push
> >'<edit-cc>,o...@ccl.northwestern.edu<enter>': unknown command
>
> Sounds like mutt didn't recognize the \ at the end of the line. (did
> you leave some extra spaces in there?) Try making them single lines.
I made them single line and it still does not work... and it turned out
that I was using an older mutt 1.5.13. Now I upgraded to 1.5.18 and
there is no error message. But the send-hook still does not work..

I wonder if there are more ways of doing this...?

Thank you very much.
Zhengquan

--
Zhengquan