Hi,

* Russell Urquhart wrote:

When composing a new message, please don't simply reply to another. Or,
if you do and use mutt, set the edit_headers variable and remove the
In-Reply-To line in your editor. Otherwise your message will end up in a
thread it doesn't belong to.

> It's been awhile, everything has worked so far. I have been able to use
> the alias command to append proper entries to my Muttrc file. In the
> past, as i had not explicitly stated where my Muttrc file was, looked at
> and used the one in ~/Desktop/mutt-1.5.19/etc/Muttrc.

Did you install to ~/Desktop/mutt-1.5.19? The path looks like a system
Muttrc path. I wouldn't do that, because as soon as you
downgrade/upgrade and the install path changes, your Muttrc won't be
read. Simply go with ~/.muttrc to be on the safe side.

> Now when i go to write the alias, it asks if it should write to this
> directory and Muttrc, when i say yes, it says:

> No such file or directory (errno = 2)

What does the save prompt say and what is $alias_file set to? The
default value is ~/.muttrc so I suspect you changed it. Maybe there's a
typo in there?

Rocco