Hi All,

Eventually I solved it by a simple wrapper of msmtp. It looks like this:
---------code--------
lars:~$ less .bin/msmtp-wrap
#! /bin/bash

msmtp $*
if [ $? != 0 ]
then
  gxmessage -wrap -fg red -bg black -default okay -center MSMTP: `tail -1
~/.getmail/msmtp.log`
fi

and replace msmtp with msmtp-wrap in my .muttrc.

Now if there is anything wrong, a messagebox will show up to tell me.

It works fine now. If you have any improvement please share with us.

Regards
Lars