On 2009-06-14, Asif Iqbal <vad...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to get mail through mapi from exchange server
> 2007?
>
> imap or pop3 is not open.

Yes, but it's very, very, ugly (which is generally true of
anything involving MS Exchange Server).  First you need a
windows PC with Outlook.  Second, you need a copy of a Python
program I wrote many years ago that uses Outlook's COM
interface to fetch messages.  Third, you need an SMTP server to
which the Python program can hand off the messages for local
delivery.  Fourth, you need to customize the Python program's
routine that translates Exchange's f'ed up addresses into
something real.

I haven't used that program in 6-7 years, but I can probably
dig up a copy if you want.

You'd be far better off if you could convince the Exchange
admin to enable IMAP support.

--
Grant