On Thursday, June 18 at 05:38 PM, quoth Jan-Herbert Damm:
>I found quite a few discrepancies comparing mutt -v output.
>
>These are the compiler-flags used in Mutt-1.18.-ubuntu-build but not used in
>my Mutt-1.20.-home-build and of which i don't know what configure-option they
>are triggered by:
>
>+HAVE_GETADDRINFO

This means that the system mutt was configured on (i.e. yours versus
the Ubuntu build system) has the getaddrinfo() function available.

Generally, I believe this is used primarily by mutt to decide whether
it can support IPv6 (the getaddrinfo function is more flexible than
other methods, and so can be used with IPv6).

I don't believe that there is a configure argument you can use that
forces this to be used or not.

>+COMPRESSED

This is a reference to the Ubuntu/Debian compressed-mbox patch. In
essence, they use a patch that allows mutt to read a gzip'd mbox file.

>+HAVE_LANGINFO_CODESET

Literally, this means that your system has the langinfo.h header and
the nl_langinfo(CODESET) function is available as well. This allows
mutt to automatically detect the default charset the system wants to
use---without this ability, mutt is forced to assume some default
charset (namely ISO-8859-1). Again, there's no way to force mutt to
use or not use this by passing arguments to configure; it relies
entirely upon the localization features your computer supports.

HTH,
~Kyle
- --
Formal symbolic representation of qualitative entities is doomed to
its rightful place of minor significance in a world where flowers and
beautiful women abound.
                                                     -- Albert Einstein