* lee on Monday, July 20, 2009 at 13:02:29 -0600
> Thanks! But I don't know python --- I might try where I get to with a
> bash script, maybe using find ... But now that I have the list, I
> could try to keep them up to date.

The following could be a start, it came up in comp.mail.mutt:

mailboxes `find ~/Mail -type d \( \( -name cur -o -name new -o -name tmp \)
-prune -o -print \) \
           | tr '\n' ' '`

(if your find has -printf you can get rid of the tr call)

It still lists directories that contain Maildirs, haven't found
an elegant way to get rid of those. Personally I just use printf.

To update your mailboxes you could put that command in a file and
then have a macro that does something like

unmailboxes * ; source mailboxes.muttrc

  Was heißt hier Dogma, ich bin Underdogma!
[ What the hell do you mean dogma, I am underdogma. ]
_F R E E_  _V I D E O S_  http://www.blacktrash.org/underdogma/
                          http://www.blacktrash.org/underdogma/index-en.html