On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 11:25:17PM -0400, Todd Zullinger wrote:
> bill lam wrote:
> > Not sure if this is useful to you. I use debian and install its
> > ca-certificates package, and add the following line inside my
> > ~/.muttrc
> >
> > set ssl_ca_certificates_file=/etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
>
> I think that may be just what Dale needs.  On Fedora, the path to the
> ca certificates file is /etc/pki/tls/certs/ca-bundle.crt, which, like
> on Debian, is provided by the ca-certificates package.
>
> The 'couldn't save certificate' error message could probably be
> improved. ;)

Hello List:

First, I appologize for my bad netiquette in replying directly to an individual
instead of the full list.  I now have "subscribe mutt-users" in my .muttrc file
and know how to use the "reply to list" command.

I'll probably commit other crimes against Cybermanity as I am rather thick and
do not learn as quickly as I should.  Please feel free to chastise me as
necessary.  Even old goats such as myself learn eventually.

I replaced the original path to my certificates file and put the path given in
its place.  I now have no annoying error messages and Mutt works as it should.
I did a rm -rf to my original certificates file and said good-bye to it.

So, in a Muttshell, (I know, bad pun), you guys figured it out and steered me
in the right direction.  Now, I really did read the Fine Manual, but I did not
see this little tidbit in there.   Then again, I'm getting older and my
eyesight is not what it once was.

Thank you all very much.

Dale A. Raby