Am 2009-10-17 14:04:19, schrieb Christian Brabandt:
> > Thats normaly, because mutt load always a bunch of headers  per  message
> > from the imap and "mailboxes" give your mutt the rest, if you  POLL  the
> > Mailfolders.
>
> No it is not.

Oh yes... I have backtrace of it.  If you let mutt poll  more  then  100
mailfolder, it is slow as the hell.

> > Better is to use imap_idle, but this has another flaw in mutt:  If  mutt
> > crash or you close it while you have nocht checked the  folder, and  you
>
> Usually my mutt does not crash and I have never noticed such a problem.

Pleas look in the Debian Bug Tracking system...
I had 4-8 mutt crashes per day du to a disconnect of the courier-imap.

The crash problem is now solved, but it continue to lost the  status  of
the last mailbox.  (imap_idle problem)

> > used "header_cache" mutt will not more find new messages.
> > The implementation is the last crap...
> I am sure, feedback and patches are welcome to the developers.

I have already reported this, but mutt-dev reject my messages and I  was
several times unecpected unsubscribed.  It is not realy funny!

Also I have reported this to the Debian BTS.

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

<http://www.tamay-dogan.net/>                 Michelle Konzack
<http://www.can4linux.org/>                   Apt. 917
<http://www.flexray4linux.org/>               50, rue de Soultz
Jabber linux4miche...@jabber.ccc.de           67100 Strabourg/France
IRC    #Debian (irc.icq.com)                  Tel. DE: +49 177 9351947
ICQ    #328449886                             Tel. FR: +33  6  61925193