Does anyone know how to make mutt display patches/diff files in color?

I am using pygmentize that in a terminal outputs the diff/patch files with easy
to read
colors but when used from within mutt the text is displayed correctly but not
colored.

Here is my configuration:

My .mailcap file:

  text/x-diff;pygmentize -f console %s;copiousoutput
  text/x-patch;pygmentize -f console %s;copiousoutput

My .muttrc file:

  auto_view text/x-diff
  auto_view text/x-patch

I can see in Mutt that the pygmentize command is being called but the output
text is not colored on the console.

As second question how do I change the mime type of received emails based on
extension? without using procmail? Some times I get patches/diff with mime-type
set to plain/text and I want to change them to text/x-patch or text/x-diff
based on extension.

--
regards,
Horacio Sanson