On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 03:54:36PM -0800, Mun wrote:
[..]
>    1) Is Fetchmail still in "vogue"?  Or is there a better application
>       that I should use to retrieve my e-mail?

i used fetchmail but after some reads (long time ago) i decided to

switch to getmail. they were about fetchmail security an bugs. to be

onest i never had a problem about fetchmail but i confideted on them.

>    2) It appears that 'fetchmailconf' has been obsoleted.  That is, Red
>
>       Hat no longer provides it in there Fetchmail RPM.  Does anyone
>
>       know if there is a replacement?

fetchmail syntax is not so bad. it is easy to learn and indeed easier

than the getmail's syntax. (why did i switch to getmail?)

m.

ps. sorry for the provate reply

--
Intelligence: Finding an error in a Knuth text.
Stupidity: Cashing that $2.56 check you got.