Hi Cameron,

Thanks for your answer.

Le 06-01-2010, à 22:45:52 +1100, Cameron Simpson (c...@zip.com.au) a écrit :

> On 06Jan2010 10:36, steve <dl...@bluewin.ch> wrote:
> | At work, I use mutt via a ssh tunnel (with putty). So mutt is running on
> | my home server (Debian). Sometimes I need to attach files located not on
> | my (remote) server but on my local windows box. So what I do is to send
> | myself the files using my work's email account, save it on the remote
> | server and then attach them in mutt; not the best solution but it works.
>
> Might it not be more direct to scp the files?

You mean scp to my recipient? Or to my home server? In the first case, I
don't see how it could simply be possible if the recipient doesn't have
a ssh server running on his/her machine. And in the second case, I
simply don't know how to do that from my windows box at work. Not
allowed to install anything, yet putty runs fine from a usb stick :)

> | I'd like to know if it's possible to attach files directly from the
> | local machine.
>
> Not as far as I know. I'd be inclined to have a directory at work with
> "files for home". Copy the needed files and push an rsync button to push
> everything to home as needed. Cumbersome, I know.

Yep. And same problem than above I guess.

> Hmm, what if you tunnels your won't machine's files as a samba mount for
> home? Maybe using automount to attach it at need. Forward your local 139
> (I think) to 139 at the far (home) end. Then you can smbmount the work
> windows files somewhere on your home machine for direct access by mutt.
> If sort all that out you could maybe configure the automounter to mount
> at need and unmount when idle, perhaps avoiding some pain.

Well didn't think about that (I don't use Samba). Would it be difficult
to implement (and just possible from work)?

I'll have to think about it.

Does anyone have another idea?

Thanks,
steve