0n Thu, Jan 07, 2010 at 10:48:37PM -0600, Kyle Wheeler wrote:

    >On Friday, January  8 at 12:38 PM, quoth Wilkinson, Alex:
    >>However, threading never ever has seemed to work. I am finally
    >>wanting to investigate why and if possible how to fix it.
    >
    >Do you have strict threading enabled? If so, try turning it off (unset
    >strict_threads). It's possible that that mailing list is stripping out
    >the usual email headers that establish threads (such as In-Reply-To
    >and References).

I added unset strict_threads to my folder-hook e.g.

   folder-hook . \
                "set sort=reverse-threads ;\
                 set sort_aux=last-date-received ;\
                 set duplicate_threads=yes ;\
                 unset strict_threads ;\
                 push '<delete-pattern>~=<enter>' ;\
                 push '<collapse-all>' ;\
                 set index_format='%3N %4C %S %{%b %d} %-15.15F (%4c) %?M?%M>
?%s'" ;\
                 set display_filter='t-prot -acelmtS -Mmutt --spass'"

However still no threading :(

I looked at the headers and you are correct - there is no "In-Reply-To" header.
However there are these two:

   thread-index: AcqPygfdiA/1vWBTRGqs/6xP5Fmwtw==
usbport.sys hardware interrupts

Is there any way in mutt to add a custom rule for threading ? e.g Thread msg's
based on the Thread-Topic: header ?

  -Alex

IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Australian Defence
Organisation and is subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the CRIMES ACT
1914.  If you have received this email in error, you are requested to contact
the sender and delete the email.