Hello

 I've compiled mutt on NetBSD 5.0.2 using pkgsrc/ports with ssl support. I use
mutt to read mail from my imap mailbox on the localhost, so have
"imaps://localhost/INBOX." in my muttrc file. I use dovecot and use self-signed
ssl certificates. Without $ssl_verify_host unset mutt complains that the
"Certificate host check failed: certificate owner does not match hostname
localhost". When I searched on google I found a bug report[1] for mutt 1.5.18
that described the same problem so I just wondered if this might be a problem
with mutt rather than something with my setup.

 Also, I tried to set $ssl_ca_certificates_file and keep getting the "Unknown
Variable" error message when I start mutt, but I have recompiled mutt a few
times now to make sure ssl support is compiled in but it does not help. I
wondered if anyone might know what might be wrong? Possibly a pkgsrc 'thing', I
haven't asked on that list yet. (output from `mutt -v` below.)

 Thank you, Jamie.

 1 - http://dev.mutt.org/trac/ticket/3139

Mutt 1.5.20 (2009-06-14)
Copyright (C) 1996-2009 Michael R. Elkins and others.
Mutt comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type `mutt -vv'.
Mutt is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; type `mutt -vv' for details.

System: NetBSD 5.0.2 (i386)
hcache backend: Berkeley DB 4.7.25: (May 15, 2008)
Compile options:
-DOMAIN
-DEBUG
-HOMESPOOL  -USE_SETGID  +USE_DOTLOCK  +DL_STANDALONE  +USE_FCNTL  -USE_FLOCK
+USE_POP  +USE_IMAP  -USE_SMTP
+USE_SSL_OPENSSL  -USE_SSL_GNUTLS  -USE_SASL  -USE_GSS  +HAVE_GETADDRINFO
+HAVE_REGCOMP  -USE_GNU_REGEX
+HAVE_COLOR  +HAVE_START_COLOR  -HAVE_TYPEAHEAD  +HAVE_BKGDSET
+HAVE_CURS_SET  +HAVE_META  +HAVE_RESIZETERM
+CRYPT_BACKEND_CLASSIC_PGP  +CRYPT_BACKEND_CLASSIC_SMIME  -CRYPT_BACKEND_GPGME
-EXACT_ADDRESS  -SUN_ATTACHMENT
+ENABLE_NLS  -LOCALES_HACK  +HAVE_WC_FUNCS  +HAVE_LANGINFO_CODESET
+HAVE_LANGINFO_YESEXPR
+HAVE_ICONV  -ICONV_NONTRANS  -HAVE_LIBIDN  +HAVE_GETSID  +USE_HCACHE
-ISPELL
SENDMAIL="/usr/sbin/sendmail"
MAILPATH="/var/mail"
PKGDATADIR="/usr/pkg/share/mutt"