Hi all,

I recently upgraded my Debian to Squeezy from Lenny, since then mutt
fails to view attachment of type text/x-diff using the corresponding
mailcap entry.

$ mutt -v | head -n 1
Mutt 1.5.20 (2009-06-14)

I have in my ~/.mailcap:
text/x-csrc; vim -R %s
text/x-chdr; vim -R %s
text/x-diff; vim -R %s
text/x-patch; vim -R %s

and my muttrc:
set mailcap_path="$HOME/.mailcap:/etc/mailcap:/usr/lib/mime/mailcap"

What I'm experiencing is that mutt is using the internal pager for the
files with type text/x-diff, rather than call vim (which I want to use
for its syntax-highlighting features).

If I try to view an attachment with extension of type text/x-patch it
is viewed with vim, the same if I change the content type of a
text/x-diff file to text/x-patch file.

So this problem only seems to occurr with text/x-diff attachments,
mutt insists on using the internal pager, ignoring the .mailcap entry,
also this behavior seems has been introduced by upgrading to the
squeezy version of mutt.

I'll be grateful to anybody who can provide help/tips for
debugging/fixing this annoying behavior.

Regards.
--
mutt random tip #7
You can add a random signature to your files with: