On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 08:19:12PM -0700, Freeman wrote:
> When I type "l" at the command prompt, I get a request for a limit pattern.
> Then I type "~ n >1" to limit view to a score greater than 1. This works
> precisely.
>
> But no luck with a limit function in muttrc.
>
> I started with variations on this
>
>  folder-hook     =.list/*'push "l ~n 1-\n"'
>
> from an otherwise informative Howto:
> http://mail.linux.ie/pipermail/ilug/2004-October/074043.html
>
> Following is closer to successful lines in my muttrc and threads on this
> list:
>
>  folder-hook     =.list/*     'push "<limit>!l ~n >1<enter>"'
>
> But to no avail.  Any insight appreciated!

This seems to work:

        folder-hook . 'push "<limit>~n >1<enter>"'

Also, note that the folder pattern is a regexp, not a glob.  You can
just use =.lists/ to match all the folders in that subdirectory.  It
happens to work the way you wrote it because * means match the last char
zero or more times, but it is not doing what you probably think.

me