On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 01:53:58PM -0700, Chip Camden wrote:
I have 256 colors enabled for my urxvt, and all works well with mutt
until  I try to define more than 21 color specifications in .muttrc, the
colors seem to get confused.  Must be a table overflow or something.
Should I engender a flea?  Or is this already known?  I tried searching
the flea database without success.

It never hurts to file a new flea. Please attach an example muttrc that can be run with: mutt -n -F test-muttrc which demostrates the problem.

infocmp <term-name>

should show you the termcap entry for your terminal type. There is a pairs#N detailing how many color pairs it supports.

me