On Aug 30, 2010 at 09:00 AM -0700, fe...@crowfix.com wrote:
I have maildirs, a bunch of them, all under ~/Maildirs.  I was hoping
to be able to use something like this:

I use a Python script to list my boxes. I'm sure you could do the same with a shell script of shell command, but I'm more comfortable with Python.

In my muttrc, I have:
mailboxes `~/bin/listbox.py ~/Maildirs`

I've attached listbox.py. It has a list defined, ignore, that lets you ignore certain folders if you wish. It works for Maildirs. I cleaned up the code a bit for public consumption and removed some extra stuff that I have it do.
#!/usr/bin/env python

__author__ = "Tim Gray"
__version__ = "1.0"

import os, sys

try:
        fpath = sys.argv[1]
except:
        sys.exit(1)

tmp, parentdir = os.path.split(fpath)
# path to boxes to ignore, relative to input file path
ignore = ['.DS_Store', 'boxes', 'to', 'remove']

s = os.path.expanduser(fpath)
s1, s2 = os.path.split(s)
os.chdir(s1)

dirs = []