Hi all,

[Just received an error about not sending in plain text, so trying
again. Apologies if this is a repeated message.]

After 16 years of using pine, I've decided to make the switch to mutt.
I have tens of thousands of messages stored across hundreds of mbox
files on my main account. I'm using mutt's built-in IMAP support to
retrieve mail through a ssh tunnel. Although I have many questions,
the two most pressing at the moment are:

1) What is the best method of converting a large number of mbox folder
into Maildir folders? I've read that mutt's -f and -e options are
suitable for doing this. Is there a best practice I should follow?

2) What is the best way to store local copies of all messages? I'd
like to read, sort, and compose responses to my mail while offline and
I'd like to have a local copy of all my mail in case something goes
horribly wrong with the server and its backups. I've read that
fetchmail and offlineimap can accomplish this. Can mutt do this on its
own? Again, is there a best practice to follow?

Thanks and I look forward to joining the mutt community!

TM