On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 04:36:07PM -0500, Will Fiveash wrote:
> Actually, that's not really working for me as it interferes with other
> mutt functions like saving a message.  For example when I'm in index
> mode and I have the following setting:
>
> message-hook '~s "^CR "' 'push ":macro pager / <search>^===\\ <enter>"'
>
> and I select a message with Subject: CR etc...
> and I type s to save it I see:
>
> Create :macropager/<search>^===\? ([yes]/no):
>
> I don't understand why message-hook is affecting the save command when
> there is a separate save-hook for this.

truss is showing this call sequence when I try to save the message:

/1...@1:   -> mutt_save_message(0x818e010, 0x1, 0x0, 0x0)
/1...@1:     -> mutt_message_hook(0x828dc48, 0x818e010, 0x80, 0x810df76)

Is that correct?

I ask that because the mutt docs state this about message-hook:

   Usage: message-hook [!]pattern command

   This command can be used to execute arbitrary configuration commands
   before viewing or formatting a message based upon information about
   the message. command is executed if the pattern matches the message to
   be displayed. When multiple matches occur, commands are executed in
   the order they are specified in the muttrc.

It is not obvious to me why mutt_save_message is calling
mutt_message_hook.

--
Will Fiveash