On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 07:51:33PM -0800, emmanuel_mays...@lynceantech.com
wrote:
> On 15:38 Fri 19 Nov     , Robert Holtzman wrote:
> > This is caused by unread mail in your first 2 mailboxes. I usually make
> > it a point to mark all messages as read when I am ready to change
> > mailboxes.
>
> How do you do that?

If there only a few messages and they are all grouped together you can
read the first one and then hold down the down arrow until you come to
the end. If there are more than a few or they are scattered, look at the
Mutt Manual under patterns (T, ~N, <enter> followed by ;, W, N) or set
up a macro as suggested in another post on this thread. The only problem
with this is you may not want to mark everything as read. A macro gives
you no choice.

> For some reason, as soon as I quit my mailbox (with c), it reports in the
> status bar that
> new mail has been received in the mailbox I am just leaving.

Not quite. It merely says that new (actually unread) mail exists in the
mailbox you just left unless you are set up to constantly receive mail.

> All emails are read as far as I can tell.

That one puzzles me.

> is this normal behavior?
> Is there a trick to mark all email as read (ok, I guess I can tag all of them
> and mark
> them as read, which I did but still same message is reported when switching
> mailbox!!!)
> That may be the real problem!

Are you sure there isn't/aren't one or more unread messages lurking somewhere
in that mailbox?

--
Bob Holtzman
Key ID: 8D549279