* On 20 Nov 2010, Chris G wrote:
> By default mutt saves attachments in the current directory (i.e. in the
> directory in which it was started).  In my case this is often somewhere
> completely random and most definitely isn't where I want to save
> attachments.
>
> Apart from being careful about the dreictory from which I start mutt is
> there any way to force it to always save attachments to the same place
> (for example ~/tmp)?

I have recently begun wanting to do this, and created this macro:

macro   attach  S   "<save-entry><bol>~/maildrop/<enter>" "Save to maildrop
folder"

(~/maildrop is a zfs filesystem on my opensolaris server that is
nfs-exported to an IP address controlled by OpenVPN.  I use OpenVPN
client on my Macbook and mount maildrop wherever I go.)

--
David Champion  *  d...@uchicago.edu  *  IT Services  *  University of Chicago