On May 06, 2011 at 05:24 AM +0200, Sebastian Tramp wrote:
Does notmuch have a similar feature to mu's cfind? I did not find
it in the docu -- but the project name is policy also in terms of
documentation :-)

See my other email - I'm not exactly sure what cfind does. It's pretty easy to search for an email from someone if you remember parts of their name and/or address. Once you find the email, you could just use mail2muttalias.py to extract the address and stick it in your alias file.

I can't remember ever actually needing to do this though. I feed lbdb with my outgoing mail to scrape addresses, in addition to being hooked into the OS X address book and my mutt alias files.