On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 09:40:11AM +0200, Jostein Berntsen wrote:
> On 16.05.11,00:17, Robert Holtzman wrote:

         .........snip.........

> > BTW, how do you add words to the Vim spell checker? Running a search
> > turned up nothing of value.
> >

> If you have this setting in your .muttrc you can just do "i" in the
> compose view to spellcheck your mail:
>
> set ispell="/usr/bin/ispell

Unfortunately my (Ubuntu's) version of Mutt seems to have been compiled
without ispell capability. From "mutt -v": -ISPELL. Not having enough
background in compiling programs, I'll just stick to this in vimrc.

map <F6> <Esc>:setlocal spell spelllang=en_us<CR>
map <F7> <Esc>:setlocal nospell<CR>

> For spell checking in vim see:
>
> http://vimdoc.sourceforge.net/htmldoc/spell.html

Great link. Thanks.