On Sun, Jun 05, 2011 at 02:01:02PM +0200, Jostein Berntsen wrote:
> On 02.06.11,13:02, John wrote:
> > Hello list,
> >
> > I'd like to be able to use an instance of mutt to access shared
> > mailboxes (are these "folders"?) on an exchange server. I understand
> > this has to be through IMAP.
> >
> > Although I can get all of my mail through IMAP (or POP3) from the
> > exchange box, I have had no success in being able to browse through to
> > the shared mailboxes to answer group email.
> >
> > FWIW I can't do this through Thunderbird, either - I have to use Outlook
> > (ugh). Is mutt able do do this? Either by itself or with another program
> > or wrapper? Here is my mutt version:
> >

> Libmapi for accessing shared exchange resources is not available for
> Mutt I believe. An option that can be used for Thunderbird could be to
> install DavMail and use this setup:
>
> http://davmail.sourceforge.net/linuxsetup.html
>
> An example config for Thunderbird here:
>
> http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-general-1/thunderbird-configured-with-davmail
-to-receive-ms-exchange-server-mail-need-help-785974/

> You can also set up your mutt to point imap connection at the davmail
> server and check if that works.

wow, thanks for this. I hope I can make it run on freebsd with linux
emulation. I wonder if it will run on windows as a portable app? I run
thunderbird as a portable app on windows boxes)
--
John - comp dot john at googlemail dot com
OpenBSD firewall | FreeBSD desktop | Ubuntu Karmic laptop