Hello everyone,

I've got a question/suggestion about sending mails. I love mutt and
have used it for years and always came back to it from other mostly
GUI-clients like Outlook and Thunderbird. ;)

There is just one thing that is annoying me, sending mails ..

When I hit the button for a new mail, mutt drops into the background
and a new vi(m) session is opened I can type my mail in. This is
fine most of the time. But when I have to send a larger eMail or get
disrupted things are getting worse. In these moments I would like
to see if there are new mails waiting for me, but I cannot as mutt
is running in background, waiting for my editor session. I have to
postpone the email, have a quick look into my inbox and then recall
the postponed mail or write or answer a different mail.

Is there a way to make mutt spawn a new process with the editor in
and go back instantly into the index view? Maybe even like in
Thunderbird have vi(m) sessions open for a multitude of emails?

I haven't looked into the code, but I guess mutt is waiting for the
editor to end, then reads the temporary created textfile, adds the
needed headers and sends the email using "sendmail"-option
configured program.

Maybe this could be a feature request for 1.6?

cheers,
Marcus

--
pedo mellon a minno