On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 02:51:15PM +0200, Christian Ebert wrote:
> * Thomas Baker on Monday, August 29, 2011 at 13:54:31 -0400
> > In my experience, Mutt works great on Mac but for one signfiicant
> > flaw: in the Mailboxes view, it does not properly mark mailboxes with
> > new mail with an "N" indicator -- even though it does show individual
> > messages correctly as new in the Message Index view.
>
> Are using mbox format mailboxes? Then try:
>
> set check_mbox_size=yes

That works! :-)

> See: man 5 muttrc

The man page says:

    This variable is unset by default and should only be enabled when new mail
    detection for these folder types is unreliable or doesn't work.

...which makes me wonder whether this is a workaround that uses a method
for new mail detection that is less reliable than the default method, whatever
that is, but it does appear to solve the problem.

Many thanks!
Tom

--
Tom Baker <t...@tombaker.org>