On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 11:38:37AM -0400, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> * Gérard Robin <g.rob...@free.fr> [09-10-11 09:54]:
> >
> > Effectively I had in my ".procmailrc" : DEFAULT=/var/spool/mail/user1
> > but perhaps user1 can't write in /var/spool/mail.
>
> do:  ls -d /var/spool/mail
>
> /var/spool/mail should have rwx for everyone.

That's system- and mailer-dependent behavior.  It's not relevant to
the thread any longer, but there are two common schemes for this.  One
is for the spool directory to have permissions 1777, and let everyone
write there.  The other is to make the MDA SGID and make use of group
permissions to write there.  Arguments about as to why each is better
than the other...

-=-=-=-=-