On 13Sep2011 03:43, Michael Graham <mich...@skky.org> wrote:
| On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 17:07, Leo Vegoda wrote:
| > […] In my experience it works the same on whichever OS you choose as long
as you build in all the bits and pieces you need.

| That’s my experience too.  I use it on my Mac, and also on a Linux VPS (which
I’m using now), and I haven’t had any issues with either.  The .muttrc is the
same for both, and it works without problems the way I have it set up (YMMV).

| > For the latter issue, you might want to look at the different package
management systems available for Mac OS, including Fink and MacPorts, to find
out which versions they have available.

| I installed it on the Mac using Fink, and had no problems with it.  If I
recall correctly, the MacPorts copy was an older version.

I'm using MacPorts. You need to install mutt-devel, not mutt:

  mutt @1.4.2.3 (mail)
    Mongrel of Mail User Agents (part Elm, Pine, Mush, mh, etc)
  mutt-devel @1.5.21 (mail)
    Mongrel of Mail User Agents (part Elm, Pine, Mush, mh, etc)

so "mutt-devel" gets you the 1.5 series. Pretty up to date, too.
--
Cameron Simpson <c...@zip.com.au> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

Programming: (n.) A pastime similar to banging one's head against a wall, but
with fewer opportunities for reward.    - Dean Woodward <de...@agora.rdrop.com>