On Wed, 26 Oct 2011, Patrick Shanahan wrote:

: * Baron Fujimoto <mutt....@monkeybutt.com> [10-26-11 20:09]:
: > Is there a way to toggle auto_view for a message?
: >
: > Normally, I prefer to have mutt use auto_view/mailcap display HTML
: > MIME parts for messages.  There are times though (such as forwarding
: > spam reports) that I would prefer the raw HTML to a rendered version.
: > Is there a way to toggle this from within the pager or message index?
: > I took a few stabs at creating a macro for the index or pager, but
: > wasn't able to find the right incantation to disable auto_view.
:
: edit mode will give you the raw file
: you can then dump the file to a temp location and import it into a new msg

That's basically what I've been doing (actually, saving from the mime parts/
attachments menu, then reimporting the saved file into the editor), but I was
hoping for something a little less clunky so I could skip the save/import
steps.  [Al]pine does this when you toggle its full headers mode.