On 2011-11-08, Chip Camden wrote:
> Quoth Gary Johnson on Tuesday, 08 November 2011:

> > As an example, I have this string as part of my index_format.
> >
> >     %?X?*& ?
> >
> > If the number of attachments (X) is non-zero, "*" is inserted.
> > Otherwise, " " is inserted.

> That doesn't seem to work for me (it always prints the *).  What versions
> support it?  I'm on 1.4.2.3i (FreeBSD ports version).

I don't know--I've been out of the development loop for a while.
I've used conditionals in my status_format for a long time, at least
as far back as 1.4.2.2i.  I think the %X sequence may be fairly
recent, though, introduced in 1.5.something.  I couldn't find
anything about it in the changlog that came in the Ubuntu mutt
package.  I'm currently using 1.5.20 and this is the first time I've
used %X in my index_format.

Regards,
Gary