On Wed, Dec 07, 2011 at 09:30:35AM +0100, Tibor Attila Anca wrote:
> Hi,

Hello:

> I have been searching now for hours how to create a label for
> mutt-users in Gmail. Of course, I could create a label based on
> to: or cc: mutt-users@mutt.org. But: is there a way to tell
> gmail to look for the Sender: header line?

I don't know about that, but Gmail does support a list:
"function" that I assume knows about the List-* headers. You can
start by opening a message from the list and using the drop down
menu on the top-right of the message. Select "Filter messages
like this". On some lists this will just work and G-mail will
fill it in for you. With mutt-users it doesn't appear to, but you
can use "Has the words: list:(<mutt-users@mutt.org>)" to filter
on (the label is part of G-mail's interface, not part of your
query). You can test the query to make sure it matches all
appropriate messages. I don't know how the list: option works,
but it does seem to in most, if not all, applicable cases.

HTH,

--
Brandon McCaig <bamcc...@gmail.com> <bamcc...@castopulence.org>
Castopulence Software <https://www.castopulence.org/>