On 25.04.12,17:53, Gerard ROBIN wrote:
> ensure that it matches what you have in your mailcap.
>
> Chris
> =====
> I did this experiment:
>
> 1 I saved the attached file Cher.docx (that I see correctly with libreoffice.)
>
> 2 I sent to myself a message with the file Cher.docx as an attachment.
>
> 3 I downloaded this message, the I opened the attached file (in mutt)
> and this time it is libreoffice that opens the file Cher.docx. (as expected)
>
> Conclusion:
> it is the one who sends me the message that causes the problem.
>
> Is my reasoning correct ?
>
> Macelo
> ======
>
> I encounter the same problem as you:
>
> If a file is already open with libreoffice I can not open the
> attachment Cher.docx (with mutt) I get the message of libreoffice:
> /home/user/.tmp/Cher.docx doesn't exist.
>
> But when I close libreoffice I can read the file Cher.docx with
> libreoffice (with mutt as an attachment)

I have these entries for docx files in my ~/.mailcap:

application/vnd.msword;         mutt_bgrun libreoffice3.5 %s; #test=RunningX
application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document;
mutt_bgrun libreoffice3.5 %s; #test=RunningX

You might check out the mutt_bgrun script as well to make it work.

Jostein