On 27.04.12 10:54, Diep Pham Van wrote:
> So, is there an easy way to change that behaviour?

If there is no other way, then you could consider changing to mbox
format. It retains the 'N' new mail flag indefinitely if
"set mark_old=no", and the post remains unread.

It seems astounding to me too, that the above setting is not similarly
effectual in maildir format. (A powerful reason for not using maildir,
if there's no fix.)

But the behaviour seems to be a documented inconsistency with mbox, so
it's not a bug, I'll admit.

Erik

--
The trouble with our times is that the future is not what it used  to
be.                                                     - Paul Valery