Hello,

> > I've got Mutt (here on my FreeBSD system) configured to connect
> > directly to gmail's SMTP server and send e-mail. I'll be keeping
> > that configuration. After that, fetchmail (run by cron every two
> > minutes) gets incoming e-mail and hands it off to procmail.

I use msmtp vs several email accounts (1 personal and 2 corporate).
I used to have gmail account too but unsubscribed from google's,
linkedin's etc services several years ago. I find msmtp easy to use,
it detects which SMTP server to connect to / authenticate against
by contents of From: header. My default From: is configured in .muttrc
as xr...@yandex.ru, it's set to match To: when replying and it's
also set in account_hook IIRC.

IMO sendmail, exim, postfix and qmail all exist for "backbone"
or corporate email infrastructure rather than for serving personal
webmail boxes.

> > "The iPad is a status symbol for yuppies. The Android
> > is for people who actually want something that works."

I'm roaming right now and iPad is adequate. I cannot
do blind typing, transparent proxying, virtualization and
cryptsetup on any tablet so they are all equally crippled
for my job.

--
WBR,
xrgtn